Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A New Car!

Swimming at the Hilton Hotel
We bought a car today.  A truck, really.  A silver, Mercury something-or other-SUV which I actually drove through the pot-holed streets of Ponce.  We bought said SUV because it has a third row of seats for friends and family (this means you).  Unfortunately, our home rental situation is not looking as good as our car situation (you may want to wait to plan your trip).

The house we were supposed to move into July 1 is still owner occupied.  The paperwork for their new home has not been approved by the bank, so we are both up to our ears in moving boxes with seemingly no place to go.  A new teacher at the school  has an apartment which will be empty for the next 14 days.  She will let our family stay there.  I am always truly amazed by the generosity of people.

While playing at the beach today Chloe exclaimed "I can't believe this is real!"
I'll keep you posted.